Pray For Those Who Have Recently Gone to God.
FUNERAL POLICIES OUR LADY OF THE SNOWS
Funeral Services - Please call the parish office. If you have already made arrangements with a funeral director, a staff member will coordinate with them to meet your needs. Assistance with music is available on request.
The following Funeral Policy has been set by the Clergy, Funeral Staff, and Liturgy Committee and approved by the Parish Council of Our Lady of the Snows Church.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00am through 3:00pm
Wednesdays: 10:30am through 3:00pm
Saturday from 9:00am till 12 noon.
FUNERAL FLOWERS: We ask that:
a. All floral arrangements be placed in the Sanctuary in such a way that they do not block entrance to the Sanctuary for the Clergy, Ministers or Musicians;
b. All floral arrangements do not block the use of the hand rails on either side of the Sanctuary;
c. All floral arrangements do not block the view of the congregation, ministers, speakers or the clergy during Mass/Services;
d. The environment of the Sanctuary not be changed or removed;
e. All pictures be positioned in such a way that they do not block the view of the congregation, ministers, speakers or the clergy;
f. No flowers be placed on the altar or musician's keyboard;
g. Floral arrangements are not to interfere with the areas needed for reception of Holy Communion.
FUNERAL EULOGIES: We ask that:
a. Only 2 eulogies are given during the Funeral Mass, each lasting 5 minutes. Priests will meet with the Eulogists prior to Mass reminding them of the five-minute policy. Should Eulogists go over five minute period, the priest will intercede with the speaker to bring the eulogy to an end.
b. If there are more than 2 eulogies to be given, that the remaining eulogies be given after the funeral Mass has been completed;
c. Eulogists are reminded of the respect and appropriateness of their language in a Church.
FUNERAL MUSIC: We ask that:
a. All chosen music be appropriate for Church use during a Catholic Mass/Service.
b. All music be approved by the Music Director
c. All music other than church music will be done either before the Processional or following the Recessional at the Funeral Mass.
d. All musicians and singers must be approved by the Music Director.
a. Flag Folding Ceremony and Presentation of the Flag to be done once the funeral Mass is over, either inside church, or outside if the weather is permitting. Normally these Ceremonies are done at the gravesite.
Suggestions of Readings for Funerals Rites
FIRST READING - Suggestions
SECOND READING - suggestions
- Isaiah 49:8,14-16 - Just as a mother cannot forget her child, so God cannot forget us.
- Wisdom 4:7-15 - It is not the length of a person’s life that matters but the quality of it.
- Isaiah 25:6-9 - Death is the cause of many tears., but for those who trust in God, the time will come when their tears will be wiped away.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8,11 - There is a time and a season for everything.
- Lamentations 3:17-26 - God’s goodness and faithfulness enable those who trust in him to cope with anguish and affliction.
- Wisdom 3:1-6.9 - Those who live a virtuous life may have a difficult time here, but God will reward them with immortality hereafter.
- 2 Maccabees 12:43-46 - He acted in an excellent and noble way as he had the resurrection of the dead in view.
- Job 19:l,23-27a - I know that my Redeemer lives.
- Wisdom 3:1-9 or 3:1-6,9 - As sacrificial offerings he took them to himself.
- Daniel 12:1-3 - Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.
- Proverbs 31:10-13,19-20,30-31 - Give her a share in what she has worked for.
- 2 Maccabees 12:43-45 - It is a good thing to offer prayers for our departed.
- Genesis 1:25-31 - God created man in his image . . .
- Isaiah 55:1-3,6-9,12 - Yes, in joy you shall depart, in peace you shall be brought back . .
RESPONSORIAL PSALM - suggestions
- 1 John 3:1-2 God shows his love for us in this life by making us his children. He will show his love for us in the next life by letting us see him as he is.
- Romans 8:14-18 Through Christ we have become children of God and heirs to the kingdom of heaven.
- 1 John 4:7-12 Everyone who is born of God, knows God.
- 2 Corinthians 4:14-5:1 When our earthly life is ended, God has an eternal home prepared for us in heaven.
- 2 Timothy 4:6-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Romans 6:3-5,8-11 Christ was victorious over sin and death. The baptized are called to share in his victory.
- 1 Peter 1:3-9 The trials which the followers of Christ have to endure are short-lived, but will win them glory in heaven.
- 1 Corinthians 15:20-26 Through his resurrection Christ overcame death for all of us.
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 Through his resurrection, Christ has taken the sting out of death for those who believe in him.
- Romans 8:31-39 Because God loves us and always takes our side, we are able to overcome every kind of trial and suffering.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 Like everyone else, we grieve over the loss of a loved one. But our grief is lit up with hope.
- 1 Corinthians 2:1-6,9 Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, the good things God has prepared for those who love him.
- Romans 5:5-11 Since we are now justified by his Blood, we will be saved through him.
- Philippians 3:20-21 He will change our lowly bodies to conform to his glory.
- 2 Timothy 2:8-13 If we have died with him we shall also live with him.
- Psalm 23:1-3,4-6 “The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
- Psalm 25:6,7b,17-18,10-21 To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
- Psalm 27:1,4,7, 8b,9a,13-14 The Lord is my light and my salvation.
- Psalm 42:2,3,5cdef;43:3-5 My soul is thirsting for the living God: when shall I see him face to face?
- Psalm 83 :4-8,12 My soul is longing for the courts of the Lord.
- Psalm 129 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice.
- Psalm 130  Hope in the Lord both now and forever.
- Psalm 91 :2-6,13-16 It is good to give thanks to the Lord.
- Psalm 114 :1-8 I will walk in the presence of the Lord in the land of the living.
- Psalm 15 :5-11 Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.
- Psalm 24:1-6 The Lord’s is the earth and its fullness.
- Psalm 61 :2-3,8.11-13 In God alone is my soul at rest
- Psalm 123  Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
- Psalm 118 Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, for his love has no end.
For more information, please contact